Update, activate or reset WordPress permalinks
By Craig Grant
updated 10 months ago
WordPress permalinks are the permanent URLs for your posts and pages. Using custom permalinks can improve search engine optimisation (SEO) and make your website's URL more attractive for searches. Broken permalinks can also cause 404 'Page not found' errors on your WordPress site. You have two options for updating, activating, or resetting permalinks, or addressing a permalink related error:
- Contact our support team and one of our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Do it yourself.
Choose 1 of the following:
- Update WordPress permalinks to any of the predefined styles or a custom style
- Diagnose and attempt to fix any permalinks related errors, such as a 404 'Page not found' error.
A web.config or .htaccess file will be edited or created based on the request.
WordPress Premium Support
Our support experts can perform the following services for you for a fee:
- Modify WordPress permalinks to any of the predefined styles, or a custom style.
- Diagnose and attempt to fix any permalinks related errors.
- If necessary, create the necessary configuration file.